"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, March 19, 2007

More artwork







I should be cleaning house - my local stamp group is coming this week. But, it's so much more fun to play!











This is a "scrunchie" background technique I've been playing with. Sherre on the Art Techniques Yahoo group came up with this and it's loads of fun. (Check out her blog - sherresartmusings.blogspot.com) Basically, you take a magazine photo or page larger than the cardstock you are using and wad it up. Run the cardstock through the Xyron machine. Open the magazine page and flatten on the sticky side of the cardstock, smooshing it down with your fingers. Then brayer it and cut off excess. Apply inks directly to the paper - as much or as little as you like. You can also emboss with metallics. I love all the texture you get. This one started as a photo of grapes and leaves and I haven't decided what to do next. I kinda like it just as it is.

This one is a finished "nature chunky book" page - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" - for an e-bay auction to benefit Robin Whittemore of Easley, SC, who is fighting both cancer and astronomical medical bills. I added a torn flower from a napkin, some micro beads and letter stickers.

This is another finished page for a second chunky book auction, also for Robin, with a "tea" theme. I used gesso and inks randomly applied over patterned paper, stamping and my first ink jet transfer using gel medium. Actually, it's the second transfer as the first one didn't work and I sanded it off and applied a second one!

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Ah ha ... so that's how you did that awesome page for the Chunky Book ... cool .... Linda