"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Photo Stamps



I made this card for a challenge. We were to use a stamp we'd had for awhile but not used before. I love photo stamps and have quite a few. This one came from Stampsmith. Because I stamped it on glossy, I was not able to get a good scan of it. This is a photo that came out better but is not great.

Hints for stamping photo stamps:

Clean a new stamp three or four times with stamp cleaner and a soft brush to remove any film left on it in the manufacturing process. Be sure the stamp is lint free before stamping. I like to turn the stamp over and ink with a brayer for best results. Dye inks that are "medium wet" are best. You will not get good impressions with a pad that is wet or very dry. I like Versafine Sepia, Memories Art Print Brown, or Archival Sepia best for an old photo look. Smooth paper and especially glossy paper give the best impressions. If the stamp is not cushioned, stamp with either a thick mousepad or a stack of papers or magazine under the paper to be stamped. The more you use the stamp, the better the impressions will get!

No comments: