"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, July 9, 2007

Finished page #9


In between working both days, going to a wedding and attending a children's play this weekend, I finally put the finishing touches on another color page for the swap that's due on the 15th. This color scheme was "pale glacier blue, eggplant and silver." I struggled with these colors (there was a reason I left these pages for the end!).


I started with a very pale blue cardstock, scrubbed gray, silver, blue and white paints into it. The door is a gel medium transfer - I painted over the bottom part to make it more of a deep red. I stamped with a very pale blue paint, added a Basic Grey rubon on the left and stamped "remember." On the bottom is metal tape from the hardware store which I crimped and painted black, wiping off the excess.

3 comments:

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

You may have struggled with those colors but it doesn't look like it, I love it and I love the color combination!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This one is gorgeous. And that metal tape is a great touch.

Renmeleon said...

Some of the colors for the swap were a struggle for me too. hehe They are not colors I normally work with but it has been a great challenge and it has forced me to look outside of my comfort zone.

I think you did a fabulous job on this page and I sooo cannot wait to see it in person! (she made ti for me hehe) I love what you did and want to thank you for all of your hard work on it. It's gorgeous!