"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tangerine and Raspberry


It's midnight and I've just finished another color page - tangerine and raspberry this time. I've really struggled with this one. I did at least three different backgrounds and wasn't happy with any. I finally settled on this music patterned paper, inked with Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks. The flowers are torn pieces of napkins and two pictures cut from a magazine. The wings are also cut from a napkin. I printed the quote on the computer and the little girl is a favorite image from Art-e-zine. I added Desert Rose embossing powder on the edges of the page and Judikins Egyptian Gold embossing powder on the wings. This, too, is 8 1/2" x 11". I really prefer a smaller format...

2 comments:

Loudlife said...

Susan - this piece is beautiful! I love the colors and the use of embossing powders (something I have yet to use, believe it or not!) and the transluscence (sp?) of the napkins with the opacity of the magazine flowers.

Thanks for sharing!
Laurie

patty van dorin said...

what a great page, it sure doesn't look like you were struggling in the least. The color combo is delicious and love the image. Very cute.