"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, April 2, 2010

"Be Mine" Vintage Valentine Book

Since we are no longer offering this class, I can now share photos of the vintage Valentine book I created. The book is a masonite blank book from Kaisercraft, with different shaped edging on each page. These were all painted brown before adhering papers and embellishments. I used Fancy Pants' Vintage Valentine kraft papers which I love! There's lots of tulle, lace and fabric in this book.


I added a small border punched paper with two of the tags from one of the papers for the second page.

The third page is a heart-shaped piece of chipboard I cut and then sewed on a piece of ticking. (There were only four pages in the initial book, so I added more.)


For this scalloped page I added pieces of paper doily behind the paper layer.


I added an accordion-folded insert between the last two pages, made out of three kraft envelopes. Inside I tucked manila tags distressed with the "wrinkle-free distress technique" using Distress Inks. These next few photos show the various "pages" of the accordion insert.






On the last page, I used the large "tag" from the paper as a pocket in which I inserted more tags made with a double-dot paper. The heart hanging from the edge is the cutout from the cover.
Back page - I love the tag which says "PS I love you." The book was bound with strips of torn ticking fabric. I was surprised that this worked better than the rings that I originally was planning to use. The book opens and closes easily.

The end!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

The pictures don't show how pretty this book really is! Beautiful project, Susan. Glad I got to see it IRL.

Robin said...

This is such a beautiful book Susan and it does look even prettier in real life!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter :)

glitterBugStudios said...

Such a fun and sweet book! Love all the different elements you used. Have a nice holiday!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan I LOVE this ... I have always been a fan of multi denominational page books and this is a perfect example ... thanks for the eye candy ... Linda F

Vicki Chrisman said...

Gorgeous album!~