"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Round Robin Books Finished!

It's been almost a year since my local stamp group started a round robin book swap. We each decided our own theme, made the covers for our book and then we swapped with each other every month or so to make a page in everyone's book. Last night was our meeting with the "big reveal" and it did not disappoint. Every book turned out so well and the creativity displayed in each is awesome.



I finished the last two books just under the wire. First was Trisha's book with the shape and theme of "cupcakes." This is the front of my page - I ran a real metal sheet through the crimper and attached it at the bottom for the paper cup. The top of the cupcake was made with patterned paper that looked like fudgy frosting with sprinkles. I covered it with glossy Mod Podge for sheen and added different colored Stickles to the candy dots.





I covered the back with a plain chocolate frosting paper. I stamped the cupcakes and colored with glaze pens and Stickles. I stamped the small cupcake and quote on white frosting paper, cut it with a scalloped circle Nestabilities die and layered it with a larger scalloped circle. It's too small to read, but that saying says "Why are the best things in life either bad for you or fattening?" Isn't that the truth! Every one of the pages looked good enough to eat!




And last but not least was Cathy's "circus" themed round coaster book. Instead of binding the coaster pages into a book, Cathy will be attaching each coaster with two rings and will display it vertically on her wall. My page is a collage of many different circus images - ferris wheel, peanuts bag, roaring tiger, clowns, circus tickets and refreshment tickets, the big top, elephants. I highlighted many areas with glaze pens and glitter glue. The word circus was stamped and embossed with a Limited Edition/Marah Johnson alphabet stamp set called Cowboy's Ransom, but I thought it looked like a circus font. I apologize for the blurry scan caused by some of the 3D embellishments. I couldn't decide what to use for the clowns' noses because I wanted them shiny and very dimensional. While I was putting away some Christmas embellishments, I came across the little wire thingies which have a red berry at each end - don't know what they''re called. These turned out to be perfect noses - the ones on the two clowns at the right were cut in half.



I am relieved to have finished all nine books, but it's also a bit of a letdown to not be passing and working in new books each month. I saw my book last night, but a few people haven't quite finished their pages, so I wasn't able to bring mine home. When I do get it, I will share the wonderful pages that all my friends created for me.

Countdown to CHA - 3 more days!

No comments: