"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snowman

It's been almost a week since my last post - I've been busy getting class projects finished up and, of course, when you need her most, the muse departs on vacation! I've just been in a funk this week with no energy or desire to do much. Don't know why, it just is... I did, however, get my annual Christmas letter and New Year's cards finished up and mailed so that's one goal accomplished.

Today two friends and I got together for a "play day." We had all seen the snowpeople on the cover of the Nov./Dec. issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors and wanted to make some. I had actually made one for one of the friends before she mentioned making them, so she was surprised today (yes, a late Christmas present) when I gave it to her before we settled down to play.



Here he is. It was hard to get a good picture with all the tinsel and sparkle.

I made three more today, but the heads are drying and tomorrow I will finish them up with a dusting of glitter. These are so much fun to do and each one comes out different with it's own unique personality.

1 comment: