We are finishing up teaching our spring classes so I can finally share some of the projects I designed for that feature.
Here are two cards that were done for Mother's Day. The first one uses the Tim Holtz butterfly Alterations die. It is large, so I only used half for a butterfly in profile. There are several pieces to this die - solid wings as well as cut-out ones. I adhered Tacky Tape sheet to cardstock and die cut the solid wings; the cut-out ones were just cut from plain cardstock. Then I layered the shapes and sprinkled ultra-fine glitter over the sticky tape that was exposed. I added Glossy Accents to the cardstock outline for added glitz. The scalloped strips were also cut with an Alterations die (the plain strip is Sticky Back Canvas, inked to age it). The paper flowers are two torn paper circles with five cuts for the petals. The side of each petal was then rolled around a wooden skewer toward the center of the petal to form the flower. A coiled paper rosette forms the center of the flower.
I love the technique on this card. The top layer is vellum, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The blue layer is made with white cardstock. Faded Jeans and Broken China distress inks were blotted on a non-stick craft sheet and then spritzed with water until droplets appeared. The cardstock was then placed in the ink to absorb the colors. It was heated/dryed slightly and then brushed with "Pearl" Perfect Pearls. This makes a beautiful mottled, shimmery paper. The ribbon was "dyed" to match by swiping directly with the two distress ink colors on both sides, then spritzed liberally with water and scrunched into a wadded paper towel to absorb the moisture and crinkle the ribbon. A quick pass with the heat gun finished drying it. And, of course, my favorite pen - Krylon leafing pen - was used to edge the layers.