"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, June 28, 2010

Patriotic Treats

Can you believe it's almost July 4th?! I know this is off-topic, but I just have to share these yummy sounding and looking desserts to make for your patriotic get-togethers this weekend. Some of them are really easy too.

First we have the Uncle Sam ice cream treat. Nothing more than a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a cake cone with a piece of fruit roll-up and some decorative icing gel, M&Ms and some whipped cream. The kids would love to help make this one!
What could be simpler than this pretty presentation! Fresh strawberries surrounding a few fresh blueberries and whipped cream.

This red-white-and-blue cheesecake would take a bit more time but how beautiful - and I bet it's delicious!

This flag cake is one I made every year when my own kids were growing up. Our neighborhood had an annual block party and we always brought this dessert. It's so easy, too - a cake mix in a sheet pan, topped with Cool Whip and decorated with fresh fruit. This one has blackberries for the "star" section, but I always used blueberries.
And, last but not least, the Edible Eagle. Isn't he cute? It's a marshmallow rolled in melted white chocolate and coconut topping a chocolate covered Oreo. The beak is a cashew. Cute!

The recipes for these, plus many more desserts, can be found HERE. Check it out. Hmm, I'm getting hungry!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Such cool treats....that cheesecake does look delicious!

Sarah said...

That eagle is way too cute! My youngest grandkids would have fun making that one if I could keep them out of the Oreos long enough!