"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Paris book

I belong to an online art group that meets annually in Grapevine, TX, for a retreat. This year's retreat will be the end of July. The format includes creating one large project - usually a book - and several smaller ones. This year the coordinator has asked several members, including me, to share in the design of the book. The theme will be Paris in the 1930's. My assignment was the "Haute Couture" spread and I just finished my two pages!

Since several members also read my blog, I am limited right now to just a few sneak peeks. After the retreat, I will share the full spread as well as all the pages of the book.





7 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

cool can't wait to work on this .... see you pretty soon at AG ... Linda F

Unknown said...

Make me one Susan :D...Love the sneak. Rhonda

Sarah said...

What a fun theme! You'll have to show me your book after the retreat.

Robin said...

What a fabulous couple of pages! I can't wait to see the book after your retreat.

Linda M. Cain said...

Oh,is this gorgeous, or what????

Beautiful!

~Linda

SewPaperPaint said...

These look great, Susan. I had hoped that we would get to see each other's pages beforehand, but it's good to know that we were both on the same track. Y'all have fun!
xx,
Autumn Clark

Judy said...

This is lovely, Susan! I really like the paper flower -- looks like dress pattern paper.

Thanks for sharing!