"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, December 10, 2016

December Daily - First week

I've been pretty good at keeping up with my December Daily journal. Some days are less interesting than others so I'm adding other Christmas ideas on those pages.

The first page is simply an explanation of why I'm doing the December Daily. This is copied directly from Ali Edwards.


I added a monthly calendar on the next spread, just to see the month at a glance. Of course, it's not complete yet! I used little number stickers from the Target $ Spot and washi tape.



These are Days 1 and 2 when I was still in Albuquerque babysitting.  It's fun trying to find different numbers for each day. I am using up lots of scrap Christmas papers and stickers. I added photos printed with my new Polaroid Zip Mobile Printer (my Christmas gift to myself!) which I am loving.


On Day 3 I had just returned and was relaxing so nothing exciting was happening. Instead I added a copy of our Christmas card for this year. It's attached with washi tape at the top to reveal the page beneath and some journaling on the back of the card (second photo below).

Day 4 was spent decorating the house with a bit of Christmas decor.


Day 3 page flipped up

On Day 5 I received a goofy photo of my grandson, Carl, opening that day's advent calendar box and finding M&Ms - his favorite. I added that photo and journaled about it.

On the 6th, a friend and I went to McKinney to meet two other friends for lunch. We also did some shopping around the square. I collaged several papers, added a bit of stamping and used the lines of the paper for journaling.


Day 7 was an "art day" with friends at my house. One of my friends (thanks Julie) brought me a sweet gift wrapped in the pretty tan tissue paper with red shiny polka dots.  I used it for the background.

Day 8 was pretty uneventful so I used that page to add an old photo of my family from 1956 or 57. It was our Christmas card that year and we all had matching red and white "Santa" pjs. Too bad it was in black and white!


This is the last spread I've completed. I journaled about our past and present traditions. I also added a tiny shaker pocket filled with sequins, punched book paper stars and two circle stickers.


Reverse side of shaker pocket 

I am thoroughly enjoying this project! When finished, I will have a great memory 
book for December 2016.

4 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

You're done a great job at "keeping up" ... you've EXCELLED at it.

Every year, I say "this year" ... and then I say it again next year, and the next. You get the picture.

Happy December!
xo
SuZeQ

Julie said...

Like SuZeQ...every year I say "this year"...and after a couple of weeks have gone by, I am already woefully behind and say, "maybe next year" :(
I'm so happy to see you use some of the tidbits I give you here and there. I always know you will do something wonderful with them!
Your work is my favorite so when you look at "well-known artist's blogs", know that I look at your work in the same way. You are so very talented and make beautiful work look so easy because of your dedication and commitment. Keeping up is 3/4 of the work!
I'm following your DD with delight!
Julie

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Susan, what a fantastic project and your work is a delight! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Nancy

Carla said...

Your journal looks awesome! It's so colorful.