"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Remaining gifts of "12 Days of Christmas" Swap

These are the last four gifts I received in the online "12 Days of Christmas" swap.

On the left is a gorgeous etched glass ornament; on the right is another ornament - a jeweled bauble.



This is a handmade box that opens like a book to reveal six handmade cards nestled inside. 
So unique!


This shows the inside "top" that covers the cards. You can also see one of the cards. These will come in handy this year for birthdays and other occasions.



This is a darling necklace made with a wine cork! This, too, is very unique!


And a sweet little "JOY" banner. Each triangle is only 3.5" tall. So cute!


I was assigned Day 10 and I made a mixed media ornament. I used gel medium to cover the clear plastic ornament with torn book text papers. Then I painted, stamped and collaged on bits of green patterned papers. I stamped "joy" on tissue paper and then glued it in place, doodled around the tree and tied a bow and hanger with baker's twine.


Here are all twelve before I sent them off.


I couldn't find suitable boxes for them so I made pillow boxes with heavy yardstick and sent them in padded envelopes. 



I hope everyone enjoyed them! I love this annual swap as it's such a fun way to start off the Christmas season.

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Beautiful gifts. I especially LOVE the ornaments you created. Jealous!

Happy New Year, my friend. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful works of art in this coming year.

xo
SuZeQ

Unknown said...

I love those ornaments!! Will you teach me how to make those?