"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, December 12, 2016

November Artsy Canvas Swap

I participated in a recent "artsy canvas" swap where we had to use modeling paste in some way.

My canvas is 5" x 5" and I did a friendship theme.  The hearts, letters and numbers, and figure were all done with tinted modeling paste. The white dots are regular texture paste and then I added the mica flakes with a translucent paste. I hope the recipient likes it.


I received this cute canvas. I love the long orientation of it (3" x 9") and the way the artist used only half a tree.  The stars were added with modeling paste through a stencil and it looks like the texture in the tree is also modeling paste. It's hard to see in the photo, but the background is an elegant metallic gold paint. I love it!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Lucky recipient to your canvas. And lucky you! I'd be proud to own either.

Merry!
xo
SuZeQ