"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, December 3, 2016

I'm Back - and November Catch-Up

I returned last night from Albuquerque and had fun babysitting the two boys, but a few weeks with a one- and four-year-old have worn me out! One day I took them to the Abq Balloon Museum for story time and craft hour. They had a blast (though you wouldn't know it from the look on Grant's face) and it was a nice change of pace from staying in the house!



November Documented Life unPlanner Update

I've been trying to stay current with the DLP planner but haven't been home long enough to do much posting!  Here's Week 2 - the background is "smooshed" paints and I added several cutouts and die cut leaves.



The art challenge for the PAC this week was to start with a photograph. I had a duplicate 2" x 2" photo of all four grand boys so I used that along with some stitching and doodling on a pre-painted background.



 For the Dare2B card this month, I decided to use "thankful." I added a black card stock spine to an art pop card from Roben Marie Smith and wrote my list with a Faber Castell Pitt artist pen.




I switched to kraft card stock for Week 3 and used a chevron roller stamp with white ink for the background. The yellow flowers were stamped with paint and stickers added to centers.




This week's art challenge was to use pen and ink only. I loosely sketched a scene I'd seen on Pinterest and watercolored it to evoke fall trees. It came together so quickly.




I used the back of the Dare2B card to add my List Ten. This month's prompt was to list your life advice in ten words.




Week 4 is also kraft card stock (the back of week 3). Again, I scraped a few paints on the background and added Art-to-the-5th circle stickers (halved) for the dates.  I also doodled white white pen to brighten it up. For Thanksgiving Day I glued on a stamped and colored fall wreath that I found in my stash.



For this week's PAC we were to explore pointillism. I struggled with this one. I finally used a gelli-plated and stamped paper for the background  and just kept adding dots in a few colors to enhance the abstract design. It's not my favorite! When I finished I felt it still needed a focal point, so I added the stamped and gold-embossed title.




I added all four PACs to a cut-down pocket sleeve, embellished with a stripe spine and scalloped border.




There were still three days to go for November, so I added a kraft half-page calendar for this partial week.




I didn't have much ephemera for my monthly pocket picks, as I spent most of my month babysitting one set of grand boys or the other.  Instead of my usual pocket page protector, I used a large black tag to add some photos. I love black tags embellished with white pen and colorful hole reinforcers.


Front

Back

So that was November!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Okay - I started listing everything I love about your November and then realized it's longer than your post.

So I deleted it all and I'll leave you with this: everything is perfect and I love it all.

Thanks for sharing your art.
xo
SuZeQ