"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, December 4, 2016

December Daily

Have you heard of the popular December Daily project originally conceived by Ali Edwards? It is like Project Life but specifically for December, to document the special and everyday moments during the holiday season.

I decided to jump on the bandwagon this year for the first time. I created my "album" a few weeks ago so I would be ready to go.  There are as many December Daily albums as there are people who participate - I am going to use a Traveler's Notebook style journal which I created "from scratch." I used heavier card stock for the pages as I like to use more wet media. This is 6.25" wide and 8.25" high. 

I used kraft card stock for the cover embellishing with lots of odds and ends - papers, stickers, die cuts, alphas, ribbon and bells. I made a few clips from embellishments to add some color and fun. (The pom pom clip is from The Little Blue House and is so cute!) The pages are sewn in with baker's twine and I added two rusty bells at the ends to jingle when I use it.


I'm already behind as it's Day 4, but I hope to catch up now that I'm home for awhile! Can't wait to start...

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

I've wanted to do this for YEARS ... never have. (Perhaps that's because I lead such a dull life and don't go anywhere!)

You may be behind since it's Day #4 but you're way ahead of me since you've got the guts assembled, which is great, by the way.

Looking forward to seeing each day.