"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Documented Life unPlanner - December, Week 2

Before I share the second week's page, here is the Pocket Art Card (PAC) for the first week. The art challenge for the PAC was to use a photo transfer.  

I first collaged several text and music scraps to the background, covered it lightly with gesso and then coated it with gel medium. Once that was dry I did a gel medium transfer of an inkjet copy of a group of birds. I was pleasantly surprised that the transfer ended up just above a line of music so it looks like the birds are on a ledge or limb!  The transfer was a bit too light, so I outlined it with charcoal pencil and added some gelato for color in the background. There is a piece of washi tape at the bottom. Not crazy about this one, but it's done!



This is the weekly calendar page for the second week. I used a holly-patterned background stamp (Anna Griffin - very old!) with red ink for the background and then went to town adding stickers, washi tape, paper cutouts etc to get the details of the week in.


The art challenge for this week's PAC was to document what you are learning right now.  I am trying to improve my hand-lettering and learning to do brush lettering, so I wrote that out as my title. (I have a lot of practice to do!) The background is a gelli-printed paper.



1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

You're silly. "Not crazy about this one ..." It's fabulous. BE CRAZY.

xo
SuZeQ