"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, February 2, 2009

14 Days of Valentines

Let the fun begin! (Actually it started yesterday, but I didn't have access to the network, so my computer was unavailable all day!)


Here are all but one of the packages I've received for this swap. For the fourteen days leading up to Valentine's Day the 14 participants will open one gift. As you can see, these came in all sizes and all wrapped so creatively.



Since I had No.1, my gift was opened by everyone yesterday. Here were all mine ready to be mailed


And a close-up of the final project - a Valentine hanging. I used red tinsel for the hanger, cardstock, text and music pages, patterned papers, stamps, a red felt heart, bling, doily and a vintage Valentine covered with microbeads (they don't photograph well). I hope everyone liked it!




Day 2: Shelly Rae Wood sent hers wrapped in an altered brown paper sack which is so cute:





She made this darling altered tin. Here's the front




and the inside. It's beautiful! Be sure to visit her blog and see more of her work! Thanks Shelly!



2 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Look at you!!!! I haven't made one Valentine...now I feel REALLY bad!
Wonderful work..TFS!
Linda

liannallama said...

wow! That is some swap--I love your projects!