"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Class Projects

Now that we have had our "open house" for the new classes and they are uploaded to the
website, I can show you what I've been working on the last few weeks.
I will be doing a "Birthday Bundle" card class. There are four birthday cards and students will make a total of a "baker's dozen" - 13 - cards (three of each card and one extra). These had to be fairly simple cards without too many details and layers and embellishments in order to get through 13 cards in a few hours. I also tried to have cards "for anyone" - feminine, masculine, older, younger.


As I was uploading these last two, I noticed that my photos had been taken before I added the final details. On the pink and white cupcake card, I added a real pink cupcake paper liner as a layer to the round stamped piece. For the primary colored card, I cuttlebugged the white scalloped "icing" piece, added Stickles glitter glue to the swirls and then added a red button to the top. You'll just have to use your imagination since I no longer have the cards here!I will also be teaching a "party" banner. I was in such a rush to get this finished (I did two - one for girls and one for boys) before the crop that I never took photos! I will try to post some later.

No comments: