"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Hearts Day!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's Day, spending time with those you love. Look what I woke to this morning from my wonderful hubbie! This photo hardly does justice to these beautiful pale yellow roses. The tips are tinged with a bit of the most gorgeous pink.
And, if that wasn't enough, these luscious Belgian chocolate hearts. The red ones are white chocolate filled with a dark chocolate and raspberry ganache and the chocolate ones are dark chocolate filled with more dark chocolate. Can you see which one I could not resist? Yum, yum.

Today of course is also the last day of the wonderful "14 Days of Valentine" swap. I unwrapped this darling pin from Angie. (Check out her blog, Angie's Artful Life, here.) The base is crocheted fabric strips and the heart is felted. So, so pretty! Thanks Angie, and everyone, for a lovely swap. The presents are treasures! I am so sorry to have it end.

If you have time today, check out the blog hop starting at http://flatwoodsfolkart.typepad.comd/. There's a list of participating blogs in the left column. (I wish I'd known about it before to join in - maybe next year.) Many are offering giveaways, so go visit, leave comments and be sure to bookmark a blog if you wish to return. Who knows, you might just win something but, more importantly, there's lots of eye candy to enjoy.

I will leave you with this beautiful vintage Valentine image from Dover. Have a happy day!

No comments: