"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dusty Stampers

Today was Cre8Joy's monthly class "Dusty Stampers" - cute name for a class that is for helping stampers find more techniques and uses for the stamps they already own. We teach the class for two hours in the morning and then again in the evening to accomodate people's schedules. This month's focus was on fabric techniques - embossing velvet, stamping on muslin and stamping on ribbon.



I made this quick little notepad cover to use all the techniques, plus sewing on paper and muslin. It is made so that a 5 x8 "mini legal pad" will fit inside. Some students had never sewed before and some were very timid about it, but everyone did a great job! I wish I had taken my camera to photograph all the unique results. We encourage everyone to be inspired by the project we show but to do their own thing and today everyone did! Each one was very different!

No comments: