"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 11



"Brown paper packages tied up with string..." - you can do so much with just plain brown paper wrapping. My online friend Connie sent Day 11's Valentine package simply wrapped in kraft paper and this lovely vintage Valentine tag.





This is the beautiful "steampunk" heart necklace she made for each of us. I love it, as well as her presentation on the bit of wire screen. How fun will that be to use in one's art! I had not heard the term "steampunk" before this, but I understand it has something to do with wire and gears and marrying technology and past and future. . It wasn't in my dictionary so I googled it, but I'm still confused... guess it's a new art form ... Whatever it is, this clay necklace embedded with watch parts, wire and a tiny nail is amazing!



Here is a close up - bad, blurry photo but you can maybe see a bit more detail.




Many thanks to Connie! Check out her blog here.




On another note, I went to Cre8Joy's Scrapstashers class yesterday morning. You receive a list of supplies to bring (mostly "from your stash") once you sign up. The project remains a mystery until you come to class. This month we made this altered canvas. We started with an 8" x 10" canvas and stamped some artsy words which we then covered with the acrylic paint of our choice. The words peeked through the paint a bit. We brought 5-6 different scraps of coordinating patterned papers and tore these into different sizes of circles. These were crumpled and then inked and layered 3 or 4 deep into sylized flowers. We added buttons to each flower and attached these to the canvas along with a cardstock mat for a 4" x 6" photo and a swirl of jute.

And here is a close up of these cute little flowers. These would be so great to use on cards or scrapbook pages. You can "fluff" them to be very dimensional. I think I will give this as a gift to a friend when she has her new baby girl. Wouldn't it look precious in a baby's room with her newborn picture?

1 comment:

Amy E. McCollum said...

Super Stinkin' Cute! LOVE the flowers! great idea - Thanks for the inspiration and the instructions - I can't wait to play and make some of these.
Smooches, Amy
artsyfartsychicnm.blogspot.com