"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birthday Banner/Book Class

This is one of the birthday banners I made for a class I am teaching. This project is actually two-in-one. The banner can be used as a decoration for the party and then doubles as a book for the party photos. There are two versions - one for girls; one for boys.

Here you can see the "girl" version hung as a banner. Each pennant is approximately 7 1/2" wide at the top and about 8-9" tall. I used Basic Grey "Two Scoops" papers for this one.
And here are a few close-up shots.



This is the "boy" version, made up as a book. The punched holes at the top of each pennant are used for stringing ribbon for a banner and replaced with book rings for the book. This was made with Basic Grey's "Cupcake" papers. I love both lines and they were perfect for the birthday theme!



I can't wait to teach this class as it was such fun to put together. And I must thank Tracy for letting me use these photos which she had taken for the website of Cre8Joy Workshops, since I didn't have any! If anyone is local, you might want to check out the website and see all the great classes coming up.

5 comments:

Linda Hahn said...

Susan,
I love your beautiful banners! I wish I could make both of them, but I just don't really have a need for them-no kids around.
I enjoyed meeting your daughter! Now I've seen 2 of your beautiful daughters.
Thanks so much for all your work for the cupcake crop. It was soooo much fun!
Love 'ya,
Linda
P.S. Hope to see you at the Friday crop.

Aileen said...

Susan your banners are beautiful! There's so much to look at with each one what fun!! Thanks for joining my challenge I'll enter you in the giveaway :-)
Happy Creating!
Aileen~
http://www.outsidethemargins.com

Smart Living Today said...

Hello!

This is my first visit. What a beautiful banner. That is is lot of great work.

Peggy

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan I LOVE this banner/book .... is there a kit in the pastels I could buy ...... Linda F

Mary Lynn said...

Oh Susan, what a beautiful banner, and such a clever idea to make it into a book! I see you are the winner at Aileen's and girl you deserve it!