"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, December 1, 2008

12 Days of Christmas

I'm participating in a "12 Days of Christmas" Swap with eleven other blogging friends. We each made 11 Christmas goodies (ornaments, jewelry or whatever), one for each participant. Everyone was assigned a number from 1 to 12. And we were to wrap each giftie.


My number was 10 so I can't share the gift I made for several days, but here is the packaging I used. They are actually recycled toilet paper rolls which I gessoed white and then painted on red polka dots. These were the perfect size I needed and also protected my fragile gifts. The little gift tag was stamped and tied on with red and white baker's twine.


All packages have been received and we will now unwrap the appropriately numbered gift for each of the next 12 days. Here are all my creatively wrapped goodies. I am missing No. 8 as it will be hand-delivered to me this week.


So, "on the first day of Christmas, Angie Haviland of Texas gave me" - this darling necklace made with a bamboo tile. She decoupaged a sweet little girl holding a poinsettia and used copper foil and glitter on the edges. Isn't this just the cutest?? Thank you Angie! You can check out her other artwork on her blog here.




I can hardly wait to unwrap the next one! Stay tuned as I will post one each day.

1 comment:

Myléne Hillam said...

Hi Susan,
I love how you've dressed your blog for Christmas - it's so very festive!