"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On the tenth day of Christmas,

no one gave me anything! Not really...actually I was assigned number 10, so my gift was opened by everyone today. Now that most everyone has opened the gift, I can share what I made for the swap - a soldered double-sided glass ornament. The front has this sweet little child (image from Kris Hurst) which I cut out and layered on torn patterned papers. I didn't take photos of the backs but they were a dark red music-patterned paper gold-embossed with a Merry, Merry, Merry...Christmas stamp. After soldering, I added red or green ribbons for hanging.

Here are all twelve prior to mailing.And this is how I wrapped them. I saw something similar made by Jenny Doh of Stampington and, of course, I loved the idea of recycling toilet paper cardboard tubes. This was also the perfect size for the ornaments and provided an extra layer of protection in mailing. I painted the cardboard with white gesso, painted on the polka dots with red paint and a new pencil eraser, stapled the ends closed and tied with red-and-white baker's twine. The little tags were stamped with a $1 stamp from JoAnn's. Simple!

No comments: