"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, December 7, 2008

On the seventh day of Christmas

Gwynn Thoma gave me this beautiful dress ornament. The bodice is stamped and embellished paper, laced up the front with tiny pale yellow ribbon. The top skirt is a scalloped fabric (possibly a hankie?) with snowflake trim and crystal beaded fringe. The underskirt is the prettiest snowflake sheer fabric - in fact, I think it's the same fabric that a previous gift was wrapped in. This is so feminine and pretty - I love it. The package was just as pretty -white star printed cotton fabric tied with tinsel and creamy rayon ribbon with a silvery, glittery snowflake and no. 7. Thank you, Gwynn!


As promised, here are the 25 stockings I received in the recent Christmas Stocking Swap (the 26th is mine which I posted earlier). I love how each is so unique and different. The only paramaters for this swap were that the stockings should be between 6-7" high and 2-3" wide. The variety is amazing! These would be so cute strung on a banner. But, I might also bind them into a little "fat" book with a big ring. Decisions, decisions...

And, look at this sweet little RAK I received from Cher a few days ago - the cutest little red mitten ornament ever! (Sorry for the blurry photo.) I love how she personalized the little mirror hanging on the front and added a hanger by twisting red, white and blue wires together to match the cuffs. Thank you Cher!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Looks like you ladies are having a great time with your 12 days of Christmas!