"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, December 6, 2008

On the sixth day of Christmas

Gloria Hanes gave me this gorgeous altered spoon! I love the vintage Santa and the copper wire and beautiful beads wrapped around the handle. Gloria added a loop on the back so this can be used as an ornament, but I'm sure I will also be keeping this out year round. And look how beautifully this was packaged - that is actually fabric! I love it. Thanks so much Gloria! Take a peek at more of her art on her blog here.


I forgot to post another project that we made on Wednesday's playday. We made Christmas twinchies - two-inch squares cut from various patterned papers and embellished with odds and ends. Each square contains one letter from the word "Christmas." This is not finished - I just have it laid out on black cardstock and still have a bit of embellishing to do. I am trying to decide between mounting it on an 8"x8" or 10"x10" canvas painted black or keeping it on the cardstock and mounting it in a square black frame. Any ideas? I loved finding different kinds of letters for each square.



I won't be posting the Christmas stocking swap until tomorrow. I'm having some problems with the camera at the moment. And, I'm tired after a full day of teaching and am off to bed early!

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Wow, I love that spoon! I'm not sure if you saw my post "Got Spoons" ?
Gorgeous ornament :)