"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, December 5, 2008

More play day projects and Day 5

On the fifth day of Christmas, Diann Scholl (visit her blog here) gave me a beautiful pair of green drop earrings! I don't wear many drop earrings because they are usually so big, but these are the perfect size and the pretty pale green color matches my eyes. And look at that very cute stamped bag topper. Love them Diann!



Here are the final two projects from Wednesday's play day. The first is a wreath made from approximately 30 pages torn from a hymnal. We rolled, folded and stapled these to a matboard "donut" circle. Aged lace was glued on top of the staples. Assorted greenery, flower and berry bits were added as well as a bow and some gold Stickles around the edge of the lace. I like how the ends of the pages look like they were inked with red, but that was the color of the edges - no work, no fuss! The pages, though a little aged, aren't vintagey enough for me. I think I will hang this outside on the front porch door so the sun will darken it for me and then finish it off with a light spray of glimmer mist.



And, last but not least, the cute little winter-wonderland-in-a-bottle. Isn't this just the cutest shaped bottle? Notice the neck? We had to squeeze all those trees and the reindeer through that small opening! I didn't have much patience with this step - I wouldn't have done well with those ships-in-a-bottle! Once these items were glued in place, we simply sprinkled fake snow inside (I also added a few tiny bells for color) and added rubons to the exterior. This looks large in the photo since it's a closeup, but the bottle is only about 5 inches tall and 7 inches wide.


While I was at Jeri's, I also picked up my stockings from the recent stocking swap. 26 gorgeous stockings from 26 art friends - and every one is unique and beautiful! I will share these tomorrow.

5 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

That's so fun!! Love the winter scene in a bottle, that's a great bottle shape, very cool project!

Altered Route said...

Cool(freezin)Bottle Susan! Bet it was a challenge...sure turned out neat!
Connie

Linda Manning Findley said...

Your wreath turned out great Susan love the little finishing touches you did to it ...... Linda F

Nancy B said...

I'm so glad you shared the results of your play day. Y'all turned out some wonderful art projects.

Lorri said...

Wow, gorgeous!!
I love your blog and have a little award for you over on mine :)

xo