"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

On the third day of Christmas...



Connie Hippen gave to me: this darling package wrapped in tissue and irridescent, filmy snowflake fabric with a beautiful vintage image on the tag.
And inside was this adorable primitive wooden angel with another vintage tag! Isn't she precious? I love the weathered, worn look. She's made from wood turnings with tiny wooden arms attached with curled wire. Her necklace is a wooden heart with Stickles attached to a coiled wire. Her grapevine halo tops "hair" made with tiny nails.

I just love her! Thank you Connie. Check out her blog at http://alteredroute.blogspot.com.

And that's not all for this third day of Christmas! Today my friend Julie and I are traveling down the highway a few hours to attend Jeri's Christmas Playday and Luncheon. I met Jeri several years ago online and we then met in person at a stamp convention. She heads up a fabulous online group, AAWA, of which both Julie and I are members, and she is also in charge of the 12 Days of Christmas Swap. Her artwork is fantastic - check out her blog here. She is going to have several holiday projects for us to work on all day and I'm sure we will have scrumptious food as well.

1 comment:

Altered Route said...

I'm blushing...what a nice review!
I'm Jealous too...bet you all had a great time at Jeri's...wish I could have popped in and surprised you all!!
Connie