"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, December 1, 2008

Catching up

I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and weekend. We were without any of our kids for the very first time and spent a quiet day with another couple who were also childless this year. We were scheduled to fly to El Paso on Saturday morning for an afternoon/evening wedding and then back home Sunday morning. But, as always when flying non-rev, you have to be flexible so we ended up having to fly out on Friday (no Black Friday shopping for me). We also couldn't get back home until early this morning. This couldn't have been a busier weekend for a wedding, at least for those of us flying!

It's good to be home now and I'm starting to get into the holiday spirit. Did you notice my new blog banner and background? Actually, the banner was made for me by Kris Hurst last year but I didn't get to use it very long. She makes the cutest banners! And the background is another freebie from The Cutest Blog on the Block (click on the box in the upper left corner if you want to see more).










Now that our class schedule (http://www.cre8joyworkshops.com/) is posted, I can finally share some of the projects I've been working on these past several weeks. The first class I will be teaching is an altered clipboard "Countdown to Santa" class. This is the first one I made for a gift. Below is the actual class project, modified a bit using the current Fancy Pants holiday papers.



This class is an altered canvas using Basic Gray Wassail papers (love this line!). The folded tree is actually on the back side of the canvas with the wood strips forming a nice frame. It's hard to see in the photo but this is somewhat sparkly with Stickles along the edges of the tree and the gold and red braid atop the red ribbon.






I am also teaching six different holiday cards (posted here in my Nov. 5 post if you want to see them again) and a seven-pennant banner. Each pennant is approximately 6 inches across the top and about 7 to 8 inches high, so the complete banner is a good size for a mantel or buffet or doorway. This banner has alot of details, including many stamped images and lots of silver tinsel and glitter.



Here is the best photo I could get of the entire banner.



And here are some closeups.





Sorry for the long post - guess I'm making up for several days' absence!

2 comments:

knuckstermom said...

Once again you've inspired me to get moving! I sooo needed an idea for a secret sis swap I'm in. The clipboard countdown will be perfect! Thanks for your clever ideas! Oh and it's a glad thing that you flew home safely-what a busy weekend!!!

Linda Manning Findley said...

great banner Susan ...... love the clipboard also but think I told you that when you made it ..... also the Christmas theme on your blog is great .... Linda F